Not sure where I got this one, but you’ll love it. This ultra easy beef chili recipe is so scrumptious that even the pickiest of souls is sure to love it! And for the health freaks out there, this chili recipe even comes with extra vegetables. The meat can also be substituted with either chicken, or even turkey, instead of beef. It is the ideal chili recipe for those cold nights, and one that everyone in the family is sure to love.
- Five good sized carrots, diced into cubes or smaller
- Four cloves of minced garlic
- Three finely chopped onions
- One can of tomato paste, small
- One can of diced tomatoes, large
- One kilogram or two pounds of ground beef, preferably lean. As mentioned above, you can also substitute chicken or
- Four stalks of chopped celery
- Half a cup of beef broth. However, if you’re using a substitute for your meat, remember to compensate accordingly.
- A quarter cup of mild paprika
- A half cup of ketchup to add a little sweetness
- One 19 oz red kidney beans can
- A third of a cup of chili powder
- One teaspoon of cayenne pepper (but you can always increase this if you prefer it spicier)
- Some grated cheddar cheese on top (but this is totally up to you)
- Place the onions and ground beef into a pan with a little oil, but not too much, though, because the beef contains its own fat. However, you can add more if you’re substituting beef with something else. Lightly cook the beef over a medium flame and strain away any of the excess fat and oil.
- Add in your vegetables, namely the garlic, celery, tomatoes and carrots and then slowly start to mix in your beef broth. Cook over medium flame for five to ten minutes while keeping an eye on your vegetables. Once they are soft, add your remaining ingredients (but leave the kidney beans for now).
- Cook over a low flame for about an hour. If you have access to a slow cooker, this is the perfect chili recipe to follow and cook in it for a couple of hours. The ingredients put in will come out so tender, they will melt in your mouth!
- Finally, mix in your kidney beans around ten minutes before you serve this dish over pasta, with rice, on its own, or even some lightly toasted French bread.
This is the perfect chili recipe for those cold winter nights, for family dinners and gatherings, and even works as leftovers for lunch the next day. You
could also get your kids involved and make it a family event, if you’d like.